SO many times people ask us for suggestions on healthy treats to bring to a party or get together... here you go! I promise these brownies will be a crowd favorite, but I cannot promise you will want to share with your friends.
Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prepare 15 mins ∙ Cook 50 mins ∙ Servings 6-10
- 16oz jar of Creamy Almond Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Raw Maple Syrup (preferably local)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (70% or greater Cacao)
- *Optional 1/2 cup Walnuts*
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl blend (we used a hand mixer) almond butter until it is extra creamy, add in vanilla, maple syrup, and eggs then mix together until smoothe.
- Add baking soda, salt, and cacao... mix until the cacao is completely blended in then fold in chocolate chips and walnuts (if you chose to include them).
- Line a 9x13inch pan with parchment paper (or grease the bottom and sides of the pan with coconut oil). Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out.
- Place brownies in the oven and bake for 25-40 minutes (I know that is not very helpful, but everyone's oven is different), we check on ours every 20 minutes. The goal should be to put a fork in the center and not pull out batter, you want them a little gooey, because that is awesome.
A treat is still a treat... we obviously think we all need to live a little, but this is not meant to be eaten in one day (it has happened). Eat up!
We have tried these brownies in many different ways, and no matter how we do it they are delicious. A recent favorite is pouring the batter into a greased (rubbed coconut oil in each spot) muffin tin cook for 25-30 minutes at 350, let cool, scoop out and devour.