We have now been forever spoiled by Turmeric Rice. This is a great side dish to your main dish, plus you can make it year round! Once you go Turmeric you never go back. We have also subbed rice with cauliflower rice and it is just as delicious if you are not a grain eater!
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prepare 15 mins ∙ Cook 18 mins ∙ Servings 3-5
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Grass-fed Butter
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 TBSP Turmeric
- 1 Cup Organic Non-GMO rice or Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a large saucepan heat up 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter on Medium heat.
- Add 1/2 onion and let it cook until translucent (3-5 minutes) then add minced garlic and cook 2-3 more minutes
- Add in Turmeric, Rice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp butter, and 1/2 tsp salt. Blend all of these ingredients together until rice is covered with turmeric (yellow)
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 Bay Leaf and stir again, turn the heat up to high and bring rice to a boil. Once it begins to boil, stir it, turn the heat to low, and cover it with a lid and let it continue to cook on low for 18 minutes. Check on your rice during this time and stir it every few minutes to make sure it is not sticking to the bottom of the pan. If it looks dry and you still have time left for it to cook, add a little water and a drizzle of olive oil to keep it moist (worst word ever).
- Serve and MANGIA!
- IF you are subbing regular rice with cauliflower rice you will obviously omit the water and double the amount of rice you put into the sauce pan. You will not need to cook it as long, it will be more of a saute.