This recipe is from Farm Flavor and it is our favorite. We buy the family pack of organic chicken breast we can get our hands on and grill all of the chicken at one time, and use it throughout the week. This is good cold, warm, and in many different ways. When we know we have a busy week ahead of us, this is what we make on the weekend.
We change up a few things as far as Instructions go, but the ingredients are the same.
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prepare 10 mins ∙ Cook 15 mins ∙ Servings 5-7
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp garlic mined
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix marinade in a wide mouth mason jar
- Place chicken on a cutting board and use a meat tenderizer to flatten out the thicker parts of the chicken, try to make the chicken have a consistent thickness.
- Place the tenderized chicken in a large container (we use a big tupperware bowl with lid), pour marinade over all of the chicken and move around until it all has a little touching it. Marinate as long as you can. We do as much as overnight and as little as an hour. Delicious no matter what!
- On a gas grill over medium-high heat, grill chicken breasts with lid down for 6 minutes. Turn and grill with lid up for 6 to 10 more minutes or until chicken reaches 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- We use this chicken to make fajitas, simply saute onions and peppers, and add some avocado and a lettuce wrap and boom!
- We have delicious salsa and guacamole recipes you can use that extra cilantro in either recipe! You are welcome.