Cauliflower rice has become a staple in our house...why have we not always done cauliflower like this?? We use many variations of this rice recipe...once you get the hang of cooking it you can season it to match whatever you are serving it with...or use it for other recipes like with a stir fry, under a fried egg with avocado on top, pour soup over top of it or just trick your kids into slamming down some cauliflower (they will think it is rice)!
Jalapeño Lime Cauliflower Rice
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prep 15 mins ∙ Cook 12-15 minutes ∙ Servings 6
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- 1/2 jalapeño - minced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lime (juice)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the florets off the main stem into pieces small enough to fit into a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice (you can also use a grater) - should equal 3-4 cups of rice
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in a large sauté pan, on medium/low heat and add minced garlic. Let cook for a few mins and then add minced jalapeño. Cook for 3-4 more mins, until garlic and jalapeño is cooked through
- Add cauliflower rice, 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt to sauté pan. Continue to cook for 3-5 mins stirring regularly, until Cauliflower is lightly cooked through. Be careful not to overcook or it will get too soft/mushy
- Turn off heat and add lime juice, cilantro and salt/pepper to taste. Stir, transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
- The basic steps of this recipe are pulsing the florets in a food processor to create the rice, heating olive oil and sautéing the cauliflower rice with the olive oil. Once you master this you can season in any number of ways.