Treat a treat as a TREAT! Yes, these are MUCH better than diving head first into a bag of peanut butter cups, but no they should not be eaten in handfuls. Let this satisfy your need for something sweet, but don't go ham on it! PSA over.
Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prepare 10 min ∙ Freeze Time 30 mins ∙ Servings 12
- 1 1/2 cup of melted Chocolate (used 85% Cacao bar)
- 1/4 cup SunButter
- 1/4 cup Raw Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 thinly sliced Banana
- Coconut Oil to grease the muffin tin
- Melt the chocolate, break up 2 bars of chocolate and dump them into a glass bowl, put an inch of water in the bottom of a saucepan and then put the bowl in the water and turn on the stove to Medium heat. Stir occasionally until chocolate is completely melted.
- While the choc is melting; combine all of the other ingredients (no banana) in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil, put it on your hand and wipe the bottom and sides, you can also use a paper towel if touching oil weirds you out. Muffin molds should be small, otherwise it is a lot of chocolate to eat.
- Take a spoon and scoop out a little chocolate and pour it into each muffin cup, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Spoon out a little sunbutter into each cup.
- Top the sunbutter with one slice of banana
- Cover with chocolate, smooth it out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle a little salt onto the top of each (if you are into that kind of thing).
- Put the whole muffin tin into the freezer for 35 min-60 min... bring it out and TEAR IT UP! In moderation! hahaha
- The banana is optional, you could throw all kinds of yummy things into this contraption, just mashed banana, a strawberry, the options are endless and it is really so so easy.
- We like salty and sweet, so we went for the seed butter and fruit combo.
- Tell us what combinations you came up with.