Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prep 15 mins ∙ Cook 30-45min∙ Serves 4-6
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1 Package (8oz) of Bacon
1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (more or less according to spicy love level)
1 1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 TBSP Local Maple Syrup
dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and place in large oven safe cooking dish
- Cut the bacon with scissors into small slivers right into the pan with the sweet taters.
- Add spices and maple syrup over top and then use your hands to mix it all around, the bacon will absorb most of the spices, but that's all good.
- Once you have mixed it all about put it in the oven and set the timer for 20 min, pull it out at this point and stir and mix around with a spoon.
- Keep cooking until the bacon is cooked and the sweet potatoes are soft and edges brown, checking every 10 mins or so.
- Once done, sprinkle with salt to taste
- We make sweet potatoes a lot as you can tell by our website... they are all up in it. Have yall ever had maple bacon? Um yeah. This is where that idea came from, there is no need for added oil and that makes life easy.
- You can also sub turkey bacon if you do not eat pork, If you do this I would add a bit of oil since there is not much fat on turkey bacon.
- This is an amazing, totally worth it, easy recipe!
- If you like this recipe and others on the site please share it with friends. Thanks.