Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prepare 10 mins ∙ Cook 20 mins ∙ Servings 4-6 Buns
- 2 Cups of shredded Sweet Potato (we shred by hand, can be done in food processor)
- 3 Eggs
- 3 teaspoons of Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Parsley (a sprinkle or two)
- Coconut Oil to fry the buns in (start out with a heaping spoonful, it should melt and fill up the bottom of your pan 1/8inch.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel and shred sweet potatoes, and set aside.
- Beat together eggs, almond flour, and all of the spices in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sweet potatoes until well combined, I used a big wooden spoon, to make sure egg gets on all of the taters.
- Add 1 heaping spoonful of Coconut oil to a cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet, turn the stove to medium-low heat and let the oil melt. It should cover the bottom of the skillet and some.
- Your mixture should be a little runny, so scoop it into the skillet like you would pancakes, make sure you get a little bit of everything in your scoop. Should be about 4-6inches wide, mine all varied, and that is all good.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until you are able to flip them without breaking apart. Mash them down a bit with the spatula to make sure the center is cooked through. Crispy is ok!
- Pull them off the heat and set on a paper towel to dry up a bit and add salt and pepper.