Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prepare 20 min ∙ Cook Time 1 hour ∙ Servings 12
- 1 whole chicken (rotisserie or uncooked)
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth (if you boil your chicken you can use leftover broth)
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Carrots Diced
- 4 Celery Sticks Diced
- 1 Sweet Potatoe
- 1 Bushel of Broccoli
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 cup of Mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Bragg Organic SPRINKLE
- 1 Package Cappello's Gluten Free Grain Free Fettuccine
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- If you are planning on boiling your own chicken (which we recommend) Submerge whole chicken in a big pot, add salt, bring it to a boil and then keep on low for 3 Hours. When it is falling apart in the pot you know it is done, pull it out and set it aside to cool. Strain the broth a few times and set that aside. If you are in need of a quicker dinner, you can use the meat from a rotisserie chicken, and you will add it after the vegetables.
- Cover the bottom of your soup pot with 1/2 inch of olive oil, chop your onion and add it to the warm oil, cook until onions are translucent.
- Add minced garlic cook 3 more minutes
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, and celery cook 5-10 minutes
- Add the remaining broth, seasoning, vegetables and chicken
- Cover with a lid, but leave it slightly cracked, if you need to add more broth, go ahead and do so.
- Cook until you are ready to eat and right before serving add fettuccine let it mix around for 1-2 minutes and then serve it up!
- Cook the chicken on your own and use the broth! It makes it so much better for you and has so many healing qualities and minimal added junk.
- Add any and every veggie to this pot, cook the thicker ones first as they will take the longest to cook.
- This recipe can be made with veggie stock and all of the veggies in order to keep it vegan or vegetarian. Take out the noodles and pour it over cauliflower rice.