Local, organic, non-gmo corn is a crowd favorite at our house, it is the perfect side to any barbecue dinner. All of the spices and ingredients that make this corn so delicious are probably already in your spice cabinet.
Below is how we take the corn off the cob... if the corn is still hot from the grill wrap a paper towel around the top and hold gingerly!
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prepare 10 mins ∙ Cook 15 mins ∙ Servings 5-7
- 2 TBSP Grass Fed Butter
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Garlic
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Cilantro
- Pepper to taste
Author- Ralph Lazaro Prep Time- 5 min Cook Time- 15-20min Servings- 5-6
- Grill the corn... Place the corn on the grill (in the husks) and cover. Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender when pierced with a pairing knife.
- Remove husks... FYI these are so hot. The strategy we use is, hold one side with paper towels and then quickly pull the husks off with another set of paper towels.
- Slice all of the corn off the cob and set aside.
- While the corn is grilling combine spices and butter in a large bowl.
- Add corn kernels to the spice mixture in the big bowl and stir it up!
- EAT IT UP!
- Our kids devour this corn, adjust the spice according to their tastebuds. We do an adult version and a kid corn.
- We just learned the term Knee High in July for when corn is ready for eating! Find the best corn you can, don't eat junk if you don't have to.