Take your Taco Tuesday to a whole nutha level!!! A few major tips to making some insane tacos: #1 start with some grass-fed ground beef (quality does matter here) #2 use this taco meat recipe #3 use lettuce wraps instead of tortillas #4 tons of yummy toppings (we recomend skipping the cheese).
You can also use this recipe on a salad (aka taco salad), over fired eggs, on roasted sweet potatoes, in a frittata and pretty much on most other things (that you eat of course).
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prepare 5 mins ∙ Cook 30 mins ∙ Servings 4
- 1 lb. Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop onion and saute in pan with the olive oil, over medium heat, until onion is translucent (5-7 mins).
- Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain liquid and then add water and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 mins (until water is mostly absorbed)
Try pairing these tacos with our Cauliflower Rice and you have a real winner!