You can top these with whatever you like. It makes a bunch of little tiny plan-wiches that you will thoroughly enjoy. I will make them for the kids as well, whip up a little peanut butter and honey samich for them.
Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prepare 5 mins ∙ Cook 5 mins ∙ Servings 2-4
- 1 Yellow Plantain (a little green is fine)
- 2 TBSP Coconut oil
- Peel the plantain (cut off the top and the bottom, and slice down the side through the skin, this will make it easier to pull the skin off)
- Slice the plantain as thin as you would like, so they form little chip circles.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a skillet on medium to low heat
- Place your plantain circles into the oil and grab some tongs.
- Cook until they are golden brown on both sides, you might need to flip them a couple of times
- Take out and put on a paper towel so it soaks up a bit of the excess oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- TOP with whatever you like
- The first time you cook these, flip often to keep from burning, they are thin so they cook really fast.
- If you want something sweet, sprinkle with cinnamon when they are done and then add some almond butter and honey.
- Let us know what you top your Plan-wich with!