HUGE shoutout to our friends Brittany (La Banana Frita) and Dave Hurt for this recipe. You guys have inspired us to try eggs and oatmeal in 3,000 different ways! Everyone thanks you for telling us about this delicious breakfast idea.
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prepare 5 min ∙ Cook 10mins ∙ Servings 2-3
1 Cup Gluten Free Oatmeal
2 Cups Boiling Water
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
Raw Maple Syrup, Fresh Fruit toppings optional
- Bring two cups of water to a boil
- Add 1 cup of Gluten Free oats
- Reduce heat and let cook for 5 minutes
- While oats are cooking, scramble 2 eggs in a bowl
- Add scrambled eggs to the cooking oats
- Add coconut oil
- stir to combine and then cook until eggs are cooked (about 5 minutes)
- Serve in a bowl and add whatever else you would like to your Power Oatmeal
- The options are endless when it comes to what you can add to this meal, here are some suggestions and ways we like to step up our oatmeal game...
- Add salt and pepper, and a little grass-fed butter while cooking oats and then top with maple syrup when it is done
- Add a spoonful of your favorite nut butter after it has cooked
- Top with fresh berries, sliced nuts, or dried fruit
- Scoop a little protein into the pot while it is cooking, if you are looking to make some gainz
- You get the drift... add anything and everything you want to this meal and eat it all with a spoon! Enjoy!