This recipe is so easy a baby could do it... legit can't mess it up. We just love the flavor combinations and any time we have an excuse to use Turmeric we are IN! Do you know the benefits of turmeric?! It is anti-inflammatory brain medicine that has been said to keep alzheimer's at bay. Turmeric also helps fight body wide infection, supports joint and heart health.. the list goes on and on. Do yourself a favor and sprinkle a little turmeric in on and around everything you eat today!
Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prepare 5 min ∙ Cook 1 hour ∙ Servings 8
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews
- 1 1/2 TBSP Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Raisins
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil melted (optional, it does help keep the spices on the nuts, but not necessary)
- Preheat oven to 210
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl, make sure you get all of the spices mixed around and covering the nuts. There will be a little extra powder at the bottom of the bowl, save it, you will add it at the end.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the nut mix out onto the parchment paper evenly, and pour remaining spices onto the top and swirl it all around. Do not be alarmed when your skin turns yellow, it will come off!
- Cook for an hour or a year. I left the house, forgot about this mix and came back to it, and it was just fine.
Add some other nuts, whatever suits your fancy.
We bring this nut mixture with us to have post workout... it is AMAZING!
Omit chili powder if you do not want the spice.