If you know us, you know we love Cappellos and everything they create. We especially love their lasagna sheets...and have been known to cut them into chip size pieces and bake them (to dip in stuff). One day we thought to ourselves, "what else could we take these sheets of joy and turn them into?"...then it hit us - "MINI PIES"! Thus was born our wee peach pie recipe. Enjoy!
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prepare 15 min ∙ Cook 12mins ∙ Servings 12 Mini Pies
1 Package Cappello's Lasagna Sheets
2 TBSP Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 TBSP Local Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dice the peaches into 1/2 pieces and place in a medium saucepan with 1TBSP of the coconut oil, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon
- Cook in the saucepan on medium to low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 mins, until peaches are softened and there is a thick juice
- While peaches are cooking, cut 24 two-inch wide and 24 three quarter inch wide strips of Cappellos lasagna sheets (I like to stack 4 sheets at a time to cut...goes much faster)
- Use a 12 muffin pan and cross 2 two inch pieces, spread over each opening and push down on it with your fingers to create a bottom pie crust.
- Take off heat and add 1 TBSP local maple syrup (2 if you like it extra sweet). After filling has cooled, spoon evenly into each crust.
- Cut each of the one-inch wide pieces to be a long as the muffin openings, cross the pieces to create a "top crust" and brush top with coconut oil
- Cook on 350 degrees fahrenheit for 12 mins (until edges start to brown)...let cool and enjoy!
- When adding the top pieces to cover the peaches, you can pinch the side and the top together, allowing it to connect like you would when covering a big 'ol pie.
- We would also recommend using our "apple crisp" filling as another wee pie option, Delicious!
- For a crispier/flaky like crust cook 15 minutes