Sweet potatoes are full of vitamins and minerals, they are a great source of energy, and a carbohydrate that your body uses! Sweet potatoes aid in recovery and cell reproduction, these are the good potatoes, that do something for your body. They also go with everything... breakfast lunch and dinner wise. When we eat them for dinner one night, we will most likely heat them up in a skillet the following day with eggs. They are delicious no matter what... this is the way we LOVE our sweet potatoes!
Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prep 20 mins ∙ Cook 1 hour ∙ Serves 4 people
- 4 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 1-2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Place them in an oven safe cooking dish, we always use Pyrex dishes, make sure the potatoes are spread out enough so that they are not piled on top of each other.
- Take your tablespoons of butter into your hands and crumble it on top of potatoes, pour olive oil on potatoes as well, and lastly sprinkle your spices (no salt yet). Once I have put everything in the dish I mix it all around with my hands so every potato has a little oil and spice.
- Place in the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes, pull it out at this point and stir it around, put back in oven and cook for 40 more minutes. I keep checking on it, just to make sure nothing is getting cooked too quickly.
- Pull out and add salt before they cool
- The spicy element in this recipe goes so well with sweet potatoes, it's like a kick in the pants followed by a hug!