We love ranch dressing...I repeat WE LOVE RANCH DRESSING! But, the ranch dressing found in stores, on salad bars and served in restaurants is filled with junk oils, preservatives and other random ingredients...remember, if you aren't sure what an ingredient actually is you shouldn't eat it. As you can see below this recipe is a small number of whole/simple ingredients. We use this with our Paleo Buffalo Wings, as a dip for veggies and more. And you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks...that is if you don't use it all before then ;) Enjoy!
Author Ralph Lazaro ∙ Prepare 5 mins ∙ Cook 2 mins ∙ Servings 1.5 Cups
- One large egg
- 1 Cup avocado oil (can also use walnut oil)
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp fresh dill (minced)
- Immersion blender or "stick" blender
- Wide mouth jar - I use a pint mason jar, but any tall wide mouth jar or container will do (just needs to be big enough to fit immersion blender
- Crack the egg into a wide mouth mason jar. Add the vinegar and dry spices.
- Pour the oil into the jar and let it sit for a few seconds (you want the yolk to sink to the bottom).
- Insert immersion blender into the jar so it is touching the bottom and blend for 20-30 seconds (holding it still). You will start to see the mayo form around it and move up the mixture. Slowly start moving the blender to the top and mix it around until all the oil is blended in.
- Add the almond milk and dill and blend until mixed completely (if too thick you can add a little more almond milk to desired consistency)
- You can serve immediately, but if you have time to let sit in the fridge for a few hours it will thicken a bit and flavor will sink in. You can store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks...if it lasts that long ;)
- The immersion blender is key to this recipe (along with jar). If you don't have one they are fairly inexpensive at Target or BB&B (ours is a cuisinart). Also, if you have one you can use it for our gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe.