Being Italian (some of us by marriage) means we find yummy pasta alternatives, like the spaghetti squash. We have several different takes on what to do with this squash, so we figured we should start you out with a "how to" cook one.
Author Beth Anne Lazaro ∙ Prepare 5 mins ∙ Cook 30 mins ∙ Servings 4
- Spaghetti Squash
- Turn oven to 375
- Cut the squash in half, long ways
- Grab a big spoon and scrape out the seeds and pumpkin like business
- Put the squash face down on a cookie sheet (scooped out side down)
- Cook for 30 min
- Flip it over and check the insides with a fork, it should be tender.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt, then use a fork to pull all of the spaghetti like insides out and put it into a bowl.
- If you pull it out and find that it is not shredding easily, then put it back in, face up for 10 more minutes
- Use this in any old pasta dish you love, we like to fry it up in olive oil after cooking to give it a little crisp.